SQL Server Documentation Tool
SqlSpec supports Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
SQL Server is one of the most widely used DBMS on the market today.
SqlSpec will document the following items for SQL Server. Some objects, such as assemblies, are only applicable for SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
- primary/foreign key relationships
- xml schema collections
- extended properties v
- stored procedures
- user defined functions
- user defined types
- symmetric and asymmetric keys
- dependencies between all objects
- column dependencies (e.g. which columns of a table a procedure selects or updates)
- cross database dependencies (e.g. DatabaseOne.dbo.ProcOne selects from DatabaseTwo.dbo.TableTwo)
- cross server dependencies (e.g. through linked server calls)
- SQL scripts for objects
- SQL Server Agent jobs
- database properties
- server properties and configuration
- Ability to edit extended properies on a live server from the generated documentation. This turns your document into a powerful extended properties editor. You can think of it as a wiki for extended properties.
- Ability to define your own extended properties on columns, indexes, triggers, parameters, etc that appear integrated into the documentation.